Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hens, I want eggs, dang it!!!

OK, I've begged, I've pleaded, I've cajoled, and now, I'm going to start threatening! My hens were 6 months old in mid-July, and they were supposed to start laying in July. Today is August 1, and not ONE egg yet.

I stuck a rooster in there for about 2 minutes on Thursday, and I've never seen a bigger CHICKEN than HE. Those hens had him on the run the second his feet hit the ground. They let him know right QUICK they didn't need his kind around.

So, I'm left with no option. I'm going to walk in that hen house and tell them how it's gonna be. I want eggs. I'm going to fry one hen every day until I start getting EGGS!!!!! That'll show 'em.

Hmmmph. (envision me hands on hips, neck moving, and snapping 3 times as I turn and stomp off)

No comments: