Monday, August 10, 2009

A/C finally working again!!

Now I'm ready to fill like a hundred half-pint jars with pear relish and water bath them.

I also have 4 jugs of pear juice made from pear cores and peels, and I'm going to make ginger pear jam and vanilla-bean pear jam (or a simpler jelly) with them. I'm SO excited to see how it'll look. It will HAVE to be gorgeous.

I've bought a bunch of beautiful fabrics (in bags from the thrift store - YAY!) that I will use by cutting into squares and placing under the ring of the jars and it makes them even MORE gorgeous! I can hardly wait, so I have to go now and DO this work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm glad that the AC is back on. sounds like you wre all busy. I love your blog, i need to send it to the parents, I know that they would enjoy reading. You ned to tell me where you are getting the cheap veggies! wow!
talk to you soon
Love,
Rene'